A Challenging year brings much to be Grateful For
As Barron’s team members enjoy a well-deserved break, we are thankful for their consistent and dedicated service throughout this challenging year which has brought much to be grateful for.
- Since the beginning of the pandemic, Barron has had only one of 80 employees test positive for the COVID -19 coronavirus, and he quickly recovered and returned to work. We are grateful to our employees who have conscientiously followed a safety protocol we developed in partnership with the University of Michigan and was promoted by the Harvard Business Review.
- A new partnership with an aerospace company allowed Barron to provide a superior casting solution that garnered industry acclaim and won the Investment Casting Institute’s 2020 Military Award.
- With the assistance of the State of Michigan’s Going Pro Talent Fund, our employees received certification training allowing Barron to achieve NADCAP Accreditation for Digital Radiography and Welding.
- New aerospace and defense contracts allowed Barron to invest in innovative quality control technology upgrades to become better, faster and leaner in manufacturing engineered metal components. These include an improved aluminum alloy melt treatment process which allows for higher performing degassing, flux and grain refining. Barron also added a new ventilation system and waterblast casting cleaning technology equipment, increasing safety, improving efficiency, and automating processes. Barron has also expanded our engineering and inspection capabilities with the addition of a new FARO Quantum S 7-axis, high-definition laser probe scanner, and 8th-axis rotary platform. Certified to the latest ISO standards, the innovative portable coordinate measuring machine (PCMM) allows Barron to easily verify casting quality by performing 3D inspections, dimensional analysis, CAD comparison, and reverse engineering while saving time and reducing scrap and rework costs. Finally, most recently, Barron has installed a new ultra-high-accuracy 5 Axis CNC machining center for the most intricate and critical applications.
- Barron obtained a grant through the Michigan Economic Development STEP Program allowing us to launch two new websites in France and Germany providing new business opportunities overseas.
- Barron participated in several virtual and in-person aerospace and defense events. Virtual events included the Farnborough International Airshow, as well as the National Defense Industry Association’s annual Ground Vehicle Systems Engineering and Technology Symposium and Michigan Defense Expo. We also exhibited in-person at the 3rd Annual North American Space Summit organized by the Michigan Aerospace Manufacturing Association.
- Barron attracted several new valuable employees and promoted incumbent team members into advanced positions, demonstrating our appreciation for their commitment and service.
Barron wishes to express our sincere appreciation to all our employees and partners who have collaborated in our successes during this difficult time!
Founded in 1983, Barron Industries is a unique full-service manufacturer of high-precision Investment Castings, machined components and complete assemblies. Barron offers complete turnkey product manufacturing of components for Aerospace, Defense, Automotive, Oil and Gas, Nuclear, Medical, and other commercial industries. Capabilities include CAD engineering, rapid prototyping, CNC machining, NDT, plating, painting, assembly, laser etching, and custom packaging. Ferrous and non-ferrous alloys poured include Class II armor, stainless steels, tool steels, aluminum, cobalt, and nickel-based alloys.