316L Stainless Steel Castings
Barron Industries has been a global leader in the stainless steel casting space since 1983. Our extensive knowledge, experience, and resources enable us to continually surpass even the most stringent manufacturing specifications from our long standing customers throughout the aerospace, aviation, defense, oil and gas, medical and automotive industries.
We specialize in investment casting processes using 316L stainless and various other ferrous metal alloys. Continue reading to learn about the properties of 316L, the advantages of using this metal alloy, and some of its many industry applications.
Properties of 316L Stainless Steel
The properties of 316L stainless steel include:
- Density: 8.0 g/cm3
- Maximum Rockwell Hardness: 90
- Tensile Strength Range: 70-85,000 PSI (Annealed)
- Yield Strength Range: 40-50,000 PSI
316L Stainless Steel Composition
316L is sometimes also called either A4 stainless steel or marine grade stainless steel. The composition of 316L stainless steel includes: iron, 16-18% chromium, 10-13% nickel, 2-3% molybdenum, and trace amounts of sulfur, phosphorus, and silicon.
The advantages of casting with 316L steel include:
- Corrosion Resistance: It reduces pitting from acidic and caustic environments.
- Saltwater Resistance: Its resistance to saltwater makes it a great material for marine applications.
- Tough: It can last for many years, even in harsh conditions.
The versatility of 316L stainless steel makes it great for a wide array of industry applications. Conventional applications for 316L include:
- Aerospace Structures
- Food processing equipment
- Brewery equipment
- Pulp and paper processing equipment
- Oil & petroleum refining equipment
- Chemical transportation containers
- Textile Industry Equipment
- Medical benches & equipment
- Boat fittings
- Heat exchangers
- Marine Equipment
- Surgical Equipment
Create Your Custom Castings Today
Barron Industries is a worldwide manufacturer of 316L steel castings. No matter the application, you can count on us for high-quality precision stainless steel castings. Reach out online today to learn more about 316L stainless steel or to get started with a quote.
Have any Questions?
Please feel free to contact us. We will get back to you within 1-2 business days. Or just call us now.